Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Can be located in either San Jose, CA or Scottsdale, AZ, GDMS sites.
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help keep our nation safe. The work is important. The technical solutions are challenging. The personal satisfaction is immense. The people you work with are of the highest caliber. This opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS.
The Senior Design & Execution Systems Engineer provides technical leadership on existing and new programs to ensure development of high performance, quality systems that meet or exceed Customer expectations within cost and schedule.
At GDMS you’ll experience:
- Technologies that are top-notch, and often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring the art of the possible
- Frequent opportunities to gain new knowledge and be a part of its discovery
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide technical leadership on existing and new programs
- Ensure development of high performance, quality systems that meet or exceed Customer expectations
- Ensure use of sound systems engineering principals, techniques, and artifacts throughout the system lifecycle
- Work with a team of cross-functional engineers and subject matter experts
- Develop, analyze, and decompose requirements
- Author, review, and present system engineering artifacts
- Conduct system design and technical trades
- Provide system and segment technical oversight
- Provide technical risk assessment & risk management
- Act as customer technical interface
- Manage cost and schedule
- Lead milestone reviews including: SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, and IRR
- Conceptualize, develop and prototype Data Analytics algorithms to facilitate Signal Intelligence Data Mining, Visualization and Inferencing
What Distinguishes You:
- Active TS/SCI clearance desired
- 10+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Effective communicator
- Passionate about designing and building high quality systems
#CJ1Minimum Salary:USD $178,500.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $198,000.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran