Janssen Ortho LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Safety & Process Safety Management (PSM)!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Ortho LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Are you interested in joining a diverse team where we believe Safety is a commitment from the heart, and we take an active interest in others and look out for their safety every day? Apply today for this exciting role!
The Senior Safety & PSM Specialist is responsible for leading and executing the EHS programs with main focus on Process Safety Management to ensure compliance with local and corporate standards. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for demonstrating leadership and provide technical assistance to all levels of the organization in the area of Occupational Safety and PSM to attain EHS, production, quality, and cost goals.
- Develop and implement Safety & PSM program elements, including leading investigations and root cause analysis and assessing PSM and reliability systems.
- Support the Environmental Health Safety (EHS) department to ensure regulatory and JNJ standards compliance.
- Lead Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) of existing/new processes and its corresponding Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) tracking.
- Lead (facilitate, conduct, document) Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSR), auditing for regulatory and company compliance.
- Review Safety and PSM aspects of capital projects and prepare/submit reports as required by the government, regulatory agencies, Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHS and industry associations.
- Lead health & safety training and procedure program.
- Facilitate compliance audits, assist management in conducting risk assessments, conduct hazard assessments, determine root-causes, recommend solutions to identified hazards, design/implement solutions, and participate on health and safety teams.
- Support EHS department on Emergency Response Team related activities such as recruiting, capacitation, and Emergency Coordination.
- Establish and maintain communication partnership with state Emergency Management agencies and act as emergency coordinator for the site.
- Lead Confine Space and Lockout & Tag out site programs.
- Participate in external and internal audits (e.g., Corporate EHS audits, ISO 14001, and Regulatory compliance audits), and acknowledge/follow-up on employee safety concerns, Near Misses, and complaints.
- Adhere to the operating company’s policies, good manufacturing practices and EHS procedures.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or equivalent University degree required; advanced degree and/or focused degree in Engineering (e.g., Chemical or Mechanical Engineering) preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Process Safety Management including experience identifying, evaluating, and controlling safety risks in the workplace and subsequent solutions
- Training or experience with Process Hazard Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations relative to Process Safety Management (e.g., US-OSHA PSM 29 CFR 1910.119)
- Training in chemical management and/or HAZWOPER
- OSHA 30 hours training in General Industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience within Pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated experience leading or managing projects, including experience with large and complex projects
- Requires bilingual fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written)
- Requires up to 10% domestic and international travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo-
Janssen Ortho LLC (2162)