Bachelorâ€™s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. Thatâ€™s the opportunity thatâ€™s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nationâ€™s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. Itâ€™s an amazing challenge. And itâ€™s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Software Engineer, youâ€™ll perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Masterâ€™s degree is required; Agile experience preferred
- Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Solid knowledge of the software development process
- C++ knowledge perferred
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
To learn more about the General Dynamics Mission Systems Pittsfield facility, click HERE.