Requires a Bachelorâ€™s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Ability to obtain Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an exciting position in our sunny Orlando, Florida location. We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with the desire to grow into a Senior Lead Software Engineer and lead a software team and technically contribute to the Intelligence & Electronic Warfare Tactical Proficiency Trainer (IEWTPT) contract. You will be a part of the development of next generation military command and control (C2) training environments using Modeling and Simulation. In this role you will:
- Code, test, integrate, debug and document software solutions and serve part time as a Software Developer / Product Owner. Over time, you will assume additional Product Owner / Scrum Master responsibilities, eventually supporting those activities full-time.
- Contribute to detailed domain analysis of the IEWTPT constructive training program, to support life cycle management as the foundation to provide Training as a Service (TaaS)
- Lead and develop software and systems products in a UNIX, Linux, Windows-based workstation, and / or containerized environment.
- Lead the plan, design, development and software test, components or subsystems or applications for software enhancements and new products
- Lead and conduct research, design, document, implement, and test computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Help champion, implement, and lead SAFe Agile practices by serving as a Product Owner and Scrum Master .
- Lead and conduct research and data analysis, such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Provide leadership and/or direction to lower-level employees
- Lead and contribute to the completion of major programs and projects
- Lead and provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems
- Independently determine approach to solutions
- Experience in leading software teams to successful deliveries of software systems
- Experience in Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) software development
- Experience developing software solutions in Angular / Typescript
- Configuration management (GitLab, SVN) and CMMI Level 5 software processes/metrics and Product Line Management processes/tools (JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory)
- Software requirements analysis (DOORS), software design, software implementation and software testing
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Comprehend object-oriented software development and Angular/Typescript/Java software language proficiency
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to multi-task
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Ability to clearly report relevant information
- Agile software development experience
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran