Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 2+ years of job-related experience or a Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent will be front and center.
You'll also be responsible for the development and maintenance of software and systems products for a fielded and operational system utilizing multiple operating systems (e.g., Solaris, Linux, embedded VxWorks, and Windows). Desired skills include object-oriented software development, Ada/C/C++ software language (or other structured programming language) proficiency, and design of systems utilizing real-time, distributed microprocessor processing. Candidate will be involved in all phases of the development process including but not limited to requirements analysis, design, code and unit test, integration and systems test, and design support activities.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree is required
- Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Solid knowledge of the software development process
- Experience with software programming languages such as Ada/C/C++ is desired
- Experience with Windows, VxWorks, Solaris, and/or Linux desired but not mandatory
- Experience in RMF control implementation and cybersecurity is a plus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, problem solving skills as well as the ability to work in a small team environment are desired
- Some travel may be required
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task
Target salary range: USD $86,600.00/Yr. - USD $96,000.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran