Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it’s often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it’s waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Cyber Engineering, you’ll lead a team of extraordinary talent. Together you’ll perform software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field
- Thorough understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
- Very strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
Duties and Tasks:
- Performs software requirements analysis, system integration activities, leads research, designs, develops and tests software and tools for filtering solutions
- Performs technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Performs analysis for all levels of total system product to include concept, design, architecture, user experience, test, installation, operation, maintenance
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex solutions
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever development lifecycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Applies and champions the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives no appreciable instruction on day-to-day work
- More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments for self and teams
- Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
- Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse range of complex problems and issues of broad scope and complexity which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with C/C++ software development
- Experience integrating complex software solutions with filtering technologies including structured (.xml, .txt, .etc) & complex data (.doc, .ppt, .pdf, etc)
- Experience developing and deploying cybersecurity solutions is a significant plus
- Recent experience implementing solutions in a Linux/RHEL/PitBull environment is highly desirable
- Proficient in bash and python script development
- Background working with Curl/Web API implementations
- Experience with cross domain solutions that meet NSA/NCDSMO Raise the Bar security requirements
- Experience with secure Linux software implementations is a significant plus
- Background working in a distributed Agile team structure
- Ability to work in a remote team environment where other team members may not be co-located
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMware, VCenter, etc)
- A seasoned, experienced professional having a wide range of professional experience and possessing an excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories and expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Capable of working on complex problems of diverse scope or situations or data that requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Excellent knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Excellent awareness of business objectives and Engineering’s role in achieving
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Excellent ability to grasp and apply new information quickly
- Excellent ability to be a team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Advocate and champion at interpreting, defining and applying company policies and procedures to resolve very complex issues
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent ability to recognize and clearly report relevant information
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions; someone who is capable of providing technical leadership to an organization
Target salary range: USD $129,500.00/Yr. - USD $143,700.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran