Clearance Requirement: None, but US Personhood is required
Our client is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Our client provides satellite collection, data, and cloud-based processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of geo-intelligence and location intelligence solutions. Our client has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. Our client is operating and deploying a constellation of high-resolution imaging spacecraft to image the planet in near real time.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Imagery Services team, you'll be joining a (small) group of industry veterans who are passionate about writing quality software systems used to request, transform, analyze and deliver imagery from our constellation of satellites. These systems provide the foundational backend responsible for providing customers on-demand satellite tasking and rapid image catalog access through an intuitive GUI and API interface.
You live or willing to relocate to one of these states in the US:
Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Washington DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington State, West Virginia
Who you are:
- An experienced software engineer who enjoys working with different languages, frameworks, and technology stacks. Our current technology stack is based primarily on Python, Java, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- A driven communicator. Our team is highly distributed, and you must thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. You are expected to have strong written skills and be able to develop working relationships across several time zones. On the Services team, we communicate in daily scrum video conferences, Slack, JIRA, and GitHub Pull Requests. You are driven to ensure you share (and receive) context from your team and stakeholders.
- Self-taught learner. You thrive in learning new technologies and discovering techniques to further your (and your team’s) game. We encourage learning sessions with the team so everyone can benefit from your newly-sought knowledge.
- Detail Oriented. You provide insightful feedback during design sessions and help your teammates catch issues before they make it into production.
- Collaborator. You enjoy development and design discussions with your teammates and own the resulting tasks and implementations.
- Evolve customer facing and internal data services to task the satellite constellation with a focus on usability, consistency and stability.
- Work closely with mission planning/image processing engineers, account owners and product managers to implement scalable performant solutions for rapid image delivery.
- Experience developing production software for at least 5 years.
- Fluency in Java and are comfortable diving into other languages when necessary.
- Proficiency designing, implementing, and using REST APIs.
- Familiarity with common database technologies (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience working with in a cloud environment like AWS, GCE, or MS Azure.
- Experience working with data ingestion, storage, caching and analysis tools such as Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, PostgresDB, etc. is preferred.
- Experience working with geospatial data (GeoTIFF, NITIF and GeoJSON).
- Familiarity with remote sensing products and processing (orthorectification, georeferencing).
- Experience designing scalable user-friendly external enterprise API interfaces.
- Familiarity with GDAL or other popular open source GIS tools.
Our client's comp plan includes:
- 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses
- Total of 5 weeks of paid leave including vacation, holidays, volunteerism leave and our shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s Eve
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Professional development budgets
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome space swag
Our client is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf