The Senior Research Administrator, Post-Award (Research Administrator II) will, under the direction of the Director, Major Projects and Post Award Administration, manage a full sponsored research post-award portfolio including oversight and management of financial policy, compliance and reporting issues that arise during the life of the award.
Post-award responsibilities involve the administration of research projects to ensure they operate within financial limitations as well as their compliance with legal, sponsor and Center policies and procedures.
Position also supports the development and implementation of research business practices that establish effective and efficient administrative operations.
This role is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a remarkable team atmosphere where pre-award, post-award, compliance and research legal work closely together.
- Possibility of making a real impact on an individual basis
- Due to our smaller size, recognition of individual accomplishments is apparent to all levels of leadership
- Role is a hybrid of central office administrator and departmental administrator positions at other institutions. Due to Joslin’s size and structure, there are no departmental research administrators.
- Strong collaborative effort with our PI's
- Great institution and department for learning
- Ability to participate in Center-wide initiatives such as Diversity and Inclusion, Research Retreat, and other Research-wide effort
- Small, single focus institution with a global impact
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 3 or more years’ prior experience in research administration with an emphasis on post-award in an academic research/hospital environment preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in a front-line service-oriented position, involving extensive customer service and relationship building.
- Broad knowledge of policies and regulations governing federal funding and accompanying compliance issues.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite software and other database applications.
- Familiarity with Internet searches, PDF files, and other types of electronic resources as required.
- Demonstrated success in previous project management experience.
- Must be able to interpret PHS and other grand sponsor policies, including OMB circulars A-110, A-122, and A-133, the Federal Demonstration Partnership/Research Terms and Conditions and agency-specific terms and conditions including the PHS Grants Policy Statement and related grant management requirements to ensure accurate proposal submission.
- Knowledge of electronic federal proposal/award management systems including grants.gov and eRA Commons.
- Knowledge of basic intellectual property principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse segments of the institution, provide training, and respond to end-users questions regarding electronic grant management system.
- Ability to work independently to identify problems and solutions that meet the occasionally competing needs of research, other internal departments, sponsoring agencies or regulatory bodies.
- Strong detail orientation when reviewing grants terms and conditions against account to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Skill in prioritizing workload to complete work in timely manner where there are pressures of deadlines, competing requirements, and fluctuation workloads, without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to explain departmental policies and standard operating procedures related to sponsored research functions and agency regulations to investigators to gain buy-in and acceptance.
- Ability to collaborate with OSR colleagues in a manner that fosters teamwork, cooperation, respect and diversity.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.