Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products and services, that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve just found it.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Designing, implementing and maintaining quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into finished products, the Senior Quality Engineer will have the opportunity to help our nation’s heroes make a true impact. You’ll design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of engineering (i.e., software, electrical, systems, etc.) methodologies, tools, and standards
- Solid knowledge of ISO 9001:2008, CMMI, ISO 14001ASME, ANSI, EIA, etc.
- Solid knowledge of use of relevant inspection/measurement tools and techniques
What sets you apart:
- Outstanding communication skills to work proactively with a project team and interact with our customers
- Ability to think creatively and multi-task
- Solid skills in reviewing documents, drawings and instructions for conformance to requirements techniques
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran