Senior Project Manager - Healthcare Practice
NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, Amazon, UCLA, Loma Linda Medical University, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ – Los Angeles in a Senior Project Manager role.
NBBJ Los Angeles is seeking a senior-level Project Manager with the ability to effectively lead project teams in the design and planning of complex healthcare projects of various scales, from large-scale hospitals to smaller renovations. This is an opportunity to join a fully integrated design studio where Architects work with interior designers, medical planners, in-house clinical specialists, and workplace specialists from Concept Design through Construction. The skill and ability to work with and integrate into a diverse team of designers would serve the candidate well in our highly collaborative environment.
Your New Role:
- Manage team complexity – plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a design team of approximately 5 to 25+ individuals
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day trusting working relationship with client(s) and consultants
- Cultural leader of collaborative, interdisciplinary teams often in big-room environments.
- Responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project(s)
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principles for all aspects of the project(s)
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of winning work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional experience in Architecture
- Experience with large, complex hospital projects & academic medical centers
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch
- Architectural licensure desired; LEED Accreditation a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design-focused open environment
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills; effective client relationship skills, and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Experience with Lean/Collaborative Team project management methodologies preferred
- Champion for integrating sustainability and resiliency features into every project
- Proficient in Revit and managing a project team with a shared BIM model
- Proficient in Excel, and Project Management software (Deltek Vision) desired
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires