Senior Project Architect – Healthcare Practice
Seattle and Portland
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
The role at a glance:
NBBJ is looking for an experienced Senior Project Architect who has worked with medium to large scale healthcare projects involving client contact and leadership responsibilities. The Senior Project Architect performs architectural design and development work for a wide variety of projects involving construction of new buildings and the alteration of existing buildings and facilities.
Why this role is important to NBBJ:
It is our strategy for our impact and vitality as a design practice. With our talented teams, deep client relationships, and distinguished offerings, we have a unique opportunity to continue to build on our vitality, relevance and differentiation in the market.
Your New Role:
- Work with clients and team members to identify objectives, develop options, and formulate creative solutions.
- Interpret design concepts by collaborating with project team and translate them into workable construction systems and detailing, while maintaining design intent and advocating for design excellence.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and deliverables from schematic design through construction administration in accordance with established firm and industry standards.
- Maintain appropriate records for project phases in accordance with established firm and industry standards.
- Lead and coordinate the work of other team members and consultants, providing direction, guidance, and mentoring as appropriate.
- May participate in marketing efforts, including proposal development, presentations, and client interviews.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the architectural field with successful experience in the documentation, coordination, and delivery medium to large scale healthcare projects.
- Fluency in Revit software
- B Arch or M Arch degree
- Architectural Licensure; LEED or other sustainability accreditation preferred.
- Proven ability to work within a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment; setting an example for others
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires
- Ability to work independently