The NOBLIS Site Manager for NAMS II will be responsible for maintaining superior technical performance, task order management cost and schedule controls. The SM will manage the recruitment of technical/science talent and professional development, and retention/dismissal of staff. He/she will serve as the single point of contact to the customer, for contractual matters, personnel, and the application of corporate resources to meet the Program’s technical and contractual requirements. This position will be performed on-site at NASA’s Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Mountain View, CA.
Contract Work Scope Areas
- Aerospace and Air Traffic Management – Aero Acoustics Engineering and Software, Air Traffic Management Automation, and Unmanned Aircraft Systems;
- Information Technology – Advanced Networking, Cloud Computing, Information and Data Systems, Cyber Security, Software Engineering and Synthesis;
- Programs and Projects – Space Flight, Program/Project Analysis, and R&D trade studies;
- Science – Space Bioscience, Space Sciences and Astrobiology, Earth Science including NASA’s Earth Venture Program;
- Advanced Technological Systems – Human Systems Integration, Intelligent Systems, Supercomputing, and Entry Systems & Technology; and
- Aeroflight Dynamics – Rotorcraft Aeromechanics, Human Systems Integration, Experimental Aerodynamics, and Flight Control and Cockpit Integration.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- The NOBLIS Site Manager for NAMS II will be responsible for and manage the overall the performance of the Program, including performance planning and review in compliance with NASA Ames and NOBLIS policies.
- The SM, in collaboration with NASA, will seek to develop and infuse innovative technologies, standards, and best practices into the Program.
- He/she will have responsibility to provide the Program with the necessary staff skills mix to perform all task requirements, and will supervise all personnel in the Program Management Office (PMO).
- The NAMS SM will oversee the Program’s Integrated Master Schedule, and work with PMO staff to prepare, submit, and communicate Monthly and Annual Progress Reports
- The Site Manager will engage the university community to perform research on behalf of NASA Ames, as part of the Program.
DESIRED BACKGROUND and PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 8 years of experience as a Program or Project Manager in one of following disciplines: Aeronautics, Air Traffic Management, Aerospace Engineering, and/or Autonomous Systems. Minimum of 3 years experience managing staff.
- The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of NASA Ames Research Center.
- The candidate should understand task order management and processes, staffing, and managing to budget and schedule constraints and requirements.
- Technical Credibility: Expertise spanning the varied technical and scientific disciplines within the NAMS II Statement of Work
- Strategic Thinking: As part of the team, leads and directs strategic planning activities to address and outline the future technological and scientific direction.
- Documented managerial success in coordinating, performing, integrating, controlling, and accomplishing the requirements of a given Statement of Work (SOW) in a timely, efficient, and economical manner
- Track record of success in facilitating transparent and trusted communication with the customer
- Effectiveness of communications and definition of roles and responsibilities for all parties (partners, subcontractors)
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage tasks of varying size, scope, technical subject matter, and activity level
- Professional success with managing and tracking costs and risks
- Success with maintaining safety on projects.
- Demonstrated professional capacity to identify cost, schedule, and performance risks and resolve them.
- Record of implementing innovative methods that resulted in cost savings to the customer
- Direct experience and success with developing and maintaining partnerships and outreach with external organizations..
Education: Master’s Degree in Aeronautics, Aerospace, or a related engineering discipline. A Bachelor’s Degree plus 10 years relevant experience will substitute for a master’s degree.
Client Engagement· Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions. · Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Noblis seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Noblis. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, Noblis MSD and Noblis + Mikros Systems tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.