Integra LifeSciences is a global leader in regenerative technologies and neurosurgical solutions dedicated to limiting uncertainty for clinicians, so they can focus on providing the best patient care.
Founded in 1989, Integra develops, manufactures, sells and supplies best-in-class products to regenerate tissue, remove brain tumors, prevent infection and much more. And over the last three decades, we’ve evolved into one of the world’s leading global medical technology companies with more than 4,000 dedicated employees who deliver innovative medical technology solutions.
But that’s just the beginning. Integra is growing at an unprecedented rate. We’re at a moment in time where the experience you’ll gain is more robust than the experience you bring. And we’re out to invest in your future because it’s the best way to maximize ours.
At Integra, we firmly believe our people are our greatest asset and the foundation of our success. Our comprehensive Global Total Rewards program provides competitive compensation and benefits designed to keep our people healthy, motivated and engaged. Investing in our people through these programs is possible because of Integra’s ongoing commitment to our values and our shared success.
Integra’s health as a company begins with the well-being of our people. Benefit programs vary by country, whether provided through company-sponsored insurance and programs, through statutory government programs, or a combination of both.
Regardless of geographic location, our commitment is to offer the following, whenever possible:
- Benefit plans that meet all local statutory requirements
- A range of programs that reflect typical local market practices
- An opportunity for employees to tailor benefits to their specific needs
- Benefits that balance employee’s short-term and long-term needs
Click HERE for more information regarding our benefits and total rewards programResponsibilities:
Under direct supervision of a Director, Global Marketing – Codman Specialty Surgical, CSS, this role will identify and implement US product strategies, marketing plans, promotional programs and related activities relating to the Hydrocephalus product lines to ensure that existing and new products meet Company goals and expectations. This role has responsibilities for the successful commercial execution of responsible products, develops and coordinates all aspects of related product development, product launches, and maintains marketing functions for the growth of current products. This role also provides a key knowledge base for marketing procedures and actively mentors others in Marketing-related areas.
An essential function of this role is making in-person onsite regular visits to hospitals, medical facilities, and other customer locations. To be considered for this opportunity you must be able to comply with all customers onsite requirements, including COVID-19 vaccination requirements unless otherwise permitted by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Leads development of product marketing plans by preparing objectives, strategies, tactics, profit and loss projections, including short and long-term strategies
- Manages new product development marketing activities for specific products within the respective Group, including new idea review and recommendations, concept and design development, technique development, project management and market introduction
- Recommends product line extensions and/or line trimming, forecasting, pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, labeling revisions, clinical studies, manufacturing and customer service/operations support for existing product line(s) which would ultimately build the value of the product line and maximize product line earnings.
- Determines strategic product line decisions such as priority of product or line enhancements which optimize organizational goals and objectives by evaluating competitors’ products and by determining market share and market trends; keeps others informed by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations
- Develops product-oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, product updates and content for corporate marketing vehicles such as web sites, brochures and seminars
- Monitors product development progress with engineering, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and related departments to ensure product line objectives are achieved on a timely basis
- Prepares annual budget forecasts for the marketing functions related to the product line(s)
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with strategic industry experts and trade organizations, field visits with key surgeons and sales consultants, participation in key meetings and conferences to ensure company and products are perceived superior relative to the competition
- Collaborates with sales to ensure a high quality of sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key surgeon/key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive
- Establishes and maintains key close professional relationships with internal and external constituents to stay abreast of new market opportunities. Continually pushes for new innovations within existing product line.
- Routinely interfaces with the managers/directors of other product lines offered by the company to fully understand the relationships within the portfolio of products offered by the Company
- Monitors forecasts as necessary and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure product availability throughout the lifecycle of the product
- Maintains up-to-date product and industry knowledge by regular review of the literature, co-traveling with field sales personnel, attending surgeries, etc.
- Supports the Company’s medical education initiative by assisting in the preparation and running of surgeon training courses which may include didactic and cadaver labs
- Works collaboratively with Marketing Communications and other related departments to ensure products are properly positioned in the market utilizing creative promotional, pricing, service, and product characteristic strategies to maximize sales and profits
- Participates in strategic sales and marketing planning activities for assigned products to identify key targets, surgeons, and hospitals by specific product
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- MBA preferred
- Experience with Neurosurgical or related products in a hospital surgical setting, with experience in neuro trauma preferred.
- 5+ years of hospital-focused, marketing experience within a medical device or pharmaceutical company is required
- Global medical device/pharmaceutical marketing experience required with direct experience in marketing in US and International markets
- Medical device or pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
- Operating room product/technology experience preferred.
- Demonstrated conceptual problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem-solving approach, and manage execution
- Demonstrated project management and excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, specifically marketing and financial analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and coaching skills at the employee and management levels
- A demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, planning, marketing and product development
- Average travel requirement is approximately 30%
- Performs other duties as required