Come join First American's Digital Title Group, newly formed to re-imagine and digitize the title search and examination process through Big Data, AI, document automation and modern, cloud-native application development. As a market leading title insurance company, powered by the nation's largest and most complete property information, ownership and recorded document database, First American is committed to advancing title automation and removing friction from the real estate closing process. Our modern title decisioning solutions create certainty and speed through data and analytics, delivered to real estate agents, lenders, title agents and homebuyers. Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Senior Technical Product Manager – Front End Applications (Remote)
First American's Digital Title Group is newly formed to reimagine and digitize the title search and examination process through Big Data, AI, document automation and modern, cloud-native application development. As a market leading title insurance company, powered by the nation's largest and most complete property information, ownership and recorded document database, First American is committed to advancing title automation and removing friction from the real estate closing process. Our modern title decisioning solutions create certainty and speed through data and analytics, delivered to real estate agents, lenders, title agents and homebuyers.
The Senior Product Manager – Front End Applications will play a key role in helping us continue our innovative approach of building and delivering advanced solutions to our markets. The successful candidate will have full responsibility of all customer user interfaces and UX experiences within our platform. Like all product managers, you will be responsible for defining and communicating the strategic path of both current and future assigned Digital Title Group product features as well as the day-to-day decisions regarding product development and product releases. This includes managing the team and products through the development cycle as well as working with key internal stakeholders and executive management to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Define product strategy with clear, supportable objectives and long-term vision.
- Define product roadmaps that provide workable execution path in support of the product strategy.
- Translate roadmaps into actionable requirements/user stories for the general customer experience including data content, delivery interface, application features and other functionality.
- Work closely with UX team on product design including customer research and usability
- Work with other product managers and development groups on a regular basis to ensure software releases are delivered accurately, timely and in full compliance with customer requirements.
- Coordinate and analyze market and product research to understand customer behavior, product satisfaction, and emerging business opportunities. Establish clear release objectives based on this information.
- Identify product enhancements that balance a favorable return on investment with customer needs.
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure product delivery and quality goals are achieved and maintained.
- Define value positioning for products to assist other areas of the organization in marketing and positioning of the products.
- Regularly produce metrics and measures to support closed-loop feedback process which ensures and validates superior product delivery to customers.
- Support customer-centric culture through active engagement in customer and partner-facing activities such as customer councils, site visits, and roundtables.
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5 - 7+ years of software/technology product management. Some equivalent experience in strategic marketing, business analysis, business management or other related technology functions acceptable.
- Excellent knowledge of standard software development methodologies and ceremonies.
- Direct and significant experience in front-end UX application experience including demonstratable experience working closely with UCD teams including customer research, information architecture, usability, and other human factors and UX processes.
- Experience building new products completely from the ground up (greenfield development).
- Knowledge of standard web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Pendo or similar and how to apply those learnings to increasing the effectiveness of products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All product managers are required to be strategic thinkers, customer champions and proven leaders with incredibly strong communication and collaboration skills. Product managers are team-players and always focus on results over effort. They will have proven experience in developing strategic plans and aligning product roadmaps towards the execution of those strategies. In addition to developing the plan the senior product manager must be highly skilled in delivering and selling that supportable vision through all levels of management within the organization.
The Senior Technical Product Manager – Front End Application will also have proven experience and knowledge of building world class user experiences and how to accomplish that working closely with a UX design team. You will have a deep understanding of the main principles of design and how to use them to great compelling and usable interfaces for our systems. This is a new software build so you should also demonstrate that you have previously worked on ground-up, greenfield projects and understand the unique challenges and ambiguity present in these efforts.
Throughout this process youh will be looked to as the business owner and domain expert and be expected to determine clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding implementation issues based upon understanding constraints, dependencies, costs, resources, and customer benefits.
Travel domestically up to 15% average per year. Short-term peak travel periods could be up to 30%.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.