Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Aruba offers a comprehensive open and standards-based portfolio designed to address a broad range of customer segments, from small & medium businesses, to the largest enterprises with advanced requirements for leading branch and campus LAN solutions. HPE’s innovative technology and open, standards-based approach to networking is resonating with customers around the world, and HPE Aruba revenue exceeds the sum of its next five competitors.
What you need to know about the job
- Job ID: 1126763
- Date Posted: 6/15/2022
- Primary Location: San Jose, California
- Job Category: Engineering
- Schedule: Full time
- Shift: No shift premium (United States of America)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the worlds leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us.
Long known for Campus and Mobility solutions, Aruba is now redefining the Data Center network. Aruba’s Distributed Services Architecture provides a highly secure, high-performance network framework at a fraction of the cost of traditional network designs. But that is just the beginning.
We’re looking for a Data Center Rock Star. Someone who understands the ins and outs of traditional network designs and where they fall short. Someone who knows there is something better out there and wants to be part of the team driving the future. Someone who isn’t afraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible. This is a San Jose Edge / Hybrid position. You must be able to attend meetings in San Jose as needed.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity for you!
How Youll Make Your Mark:
- You will design, plan, and manage a product/portfolio of products and features throughout the solution portfolio lifecycle: From new product definition (or enhancements to existing products) all the way through end of life.
- You will be the recognized authority on relevant subject matter including technologies, theories, and techniques.
- You will successfully operate in the most complex disciplines.
- You will manage cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives.
- You will routinely exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and criteria for achieving objectives.
- You will assist in developing strategy and direction, including creating high level and detailed presentations.
- You are a highly motivated product management professional with 10+ years of Data Center/Product Management experience.
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field of study.
- You have working knowledge of Data Center virtualization technologies, protocols, containers, network applications, and cloud/multi-cloud environments.
- You have 4+ years of experience with Data Center technologies from VMware, HPE, Cisco, Dell, Arista, Juniper, etc.
- You have the ability to synthesize market data and customer requirements into a Product Requirement Document (PRD) and Business Case to bring innovative and disruptive products to market. Including the art of narrowing features down to target specific customer segments.
- You have the ability to distil complex ideas/concepts into concise value propositions.
- You will guide key stakeholders on the portfolio strategy across all phases of the lifecycle (e.g., planning, development, launch, management, exit).
- You have extensive team skills and ability to cross functionally drive/influence work through others, ability to mentor teams to achieve results for complex, ambiguous projects.
- You have extensive skills in cost efficient solution building, financial performance metric creation.
- You have an MBA or advanced degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
Join us and make your mark!
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.