Criteria is a technology company that's changing the way organizations find and hire great talent. Headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in New York, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney, Criteria is a global company and we're growing quickly. We've been featured on the Inc. 5000's list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the last seven years and have been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Inc. and Built in LA.
Most importantly, people are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to help companies and job candidates connect to do fulfilling, meaningful work together. We hire with the same intention to provide a collaborative, inclusive, and balanced environment where every individual can bring their best selves to work.
About the Role:
You will be an ambassador for our employee-first culture representing our values of transparency, innovation, hard-work and fun. As the product champion, you will be in a unique position to drive strategy, execution and understanding of our customer-centric solutions with the goal of producing industry-leading products.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for Talent Insights, a tool that enables organizations to leverage objective data in post-hire talent decisions. Talent Insights uses Criteria's personality assessment to provide teams with objective insights into their work, communication, and interaction styles in order to drive self-awareness, communication, and collaboration. This Senior Product Manager will also likely own additional value streams.
What you'll do:
- Deeply understand the problems that your customers are experiencing through research and interaction with customers, and then communicate those problems clearly back to your team.
- Receive input and feedback from a wide range of stakeholders
- Own and drive the business plan for the solution
- Manage the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle - from strategic planning to tactical activities working closely with Design, Development/Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are surpassed.
- Design delightful and educational onboarding experiences that give people the confidence, context and understanding to leverage Talent Insights in their workplace relationships
- Craft paths for teams and individuals to easily invite and engage with teammates on Talent Insights
- Constantly measure the success through both quantitative and qualitative measures.
- As a self-starter, you'll take full ownership for the success of your product, being scrappy, making hard decisions and filling any responsibilities, when necessary.
- Be dedicated to your fellow product managers, seizing opportunities to develop their skill sets and help them with their professional growth, while simultaneously trying to learn from them.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for your product value streams.
- Develop and communicate product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams and cross-functional partners (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, etc.).
What You Should Know/Have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Product Management
- Customer discovery experience: Extensive experience with qualitative customer feedback and stories and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- Experience with data-driven decisions: building hypotheses and proving their validity with experimentation.
- Outcome-oriented: Articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- History of having an impact on critical growth metrics, such as activation, engagement, retention, and/or referrals
- Entrepreneurial track record of taking an idea to reality.
- Bonus: you have a strong technical understanding of architecture and complex web applications.
- Bonus: you have experience in HR or Talent Management.
What Criteria brings to the table:
- Excellent benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) w/ employer match, generous paid parental leave policy, 3 weeks paid vacation annually, and more!)
- Monthly technology (mobile phone/internet) allowance
- Open BYOD Policy: Bring your own dog to work as we are a dog-inclusive office. When you come into the office, you'll frequently get greeted by one of the many Dogs of Criteria (check them out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dogsofcriteria);
- Quarterly Charity/Volunteer Events (we believe companies should help their communities)
- A competitive salary
- Equity options in a rapidly growing company
This is a U.S. based remote position; therefore, relocation is not available for this position. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. We are not currently sponsoring work visas.
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored, and appreciated.
Criteria is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.