About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news and community. We connect and empower local users, local content contributors, and local businesses at scale, with the goal of helping people everywhere live safer, more vibrant, more truly connected lives. By forging close partnerships with thousands of local publishers and businesses around the country, NewsBreak is helping a new generation of readers find and engage with vital, locally published content and information.
Since our founding in 2015, we have grown by leaps and bounds to become the nation's leading local news app! We’re the #1 app in the category on both iOS and Android.
We're a Series-C unicorn startup, headquartered at Mountain View, California. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Product leader with track record of building world class products. As the Senior Product Manager, you will lead the vision of the core experiences on NewsBreak. You will work with the design and engineer teams to reimagine how users can discover, consume, and engage with different types of content on NewsBreak.
- Lead the strategy, development and launch of innovative consumer-facing products to deliver on the needs of our users and NewsBreak community
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Integrate user studies, research and market insights into product requirements
- Partner closely with cross-functional members, designers, engineers to deliver products at scale
- Define and analyze metrics in collaboration with our data science and user research team
- 4+ years in product management launching a suite of world class consumer products
- Demonstrated track record of effectively using data and analysis to support product strategy/decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams through the product development lifecycle
- Ability to effectively present to executive stakeholders to get alignment for decisions requiring complex tradeoffs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA and/or post graduate engineering/science degree
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record of leading through influence and delivering results in fast-moving environment
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Robust 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget
Come join us in continuing to make NewsBreak a great place to work!