The role of the operating system is fast expanding, from lighting up the underlying hardware as its core function to software-defined configurations that take advantage of the underlying infrastructure.
What you will do:
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux team is looking for a Product Manager to join us and define new offerings that cater to emerging hardware and software-defined infrastructure in the ecosystem. In this role, you will help to bring new offerings to the market. You will define requirements that will help customers derive value from Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) in these new and emerging markets. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Tell a compelling story about Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) as the foundation for innovation for internal and external ecosystems; identify key differentiators that set Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) apart from the competition
- Identify new areas of growth for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) offerings by participating in get-to-market activities with business leads
- Present the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) point of view to ecosystem partners; collaborate with ecosystem partners on joint roadmaps to prioritize offerings on Intel/AMD64, ARM, IBM Power, and IBM Z architectures
- Lead decisions on pricing and packaging in consultation with other business units within Red Hat
- Engage and influence strategic upstreams and communities like CentOS Stream, Fedora, etc., as it relates to emerging platforms
- Define policy for new consumption models; refine policy where needed
- Provide regular updates to Red Hat executive leadership with status on objectives and key results (OKRs)
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager for enterprise software products
- Experience in infrastructure software, including virtualization, container, private cloud, cloud management platform, and storage
- Prior success in shaping cross-product integrations
- Familiarity with offload technologies like Realtime, GPGPU, FPGA, and smart NICs
- Proven record of inspiring others without direct authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Linux a plus
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.