Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
Our team's mandate is to launch and accelerate adoption of data and advanced analytics solutions that help lenders grow and manage consumer credit portfolios. We are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of managed-service and self-service products that make it easy and efficient for lenders to realize the benefit of end-to-end decisioning analytics -- data, statistical and ML models, mathematically optimized strategies, and performance monitoring and management. Our products are strategically important to our clients, creating a seemingly endless range of jobs-to-be-done and an unprecedented opportunity within a virtually untapped segment.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of Experian’s Decision Analytics North America product team, managing and developing the products, innovations and propositions that support our clients across industries. We are seeking an established Product Manager to be responsible for defining and executing product strategy, new product development and innovation, translating strategy into product roadmaps and marketing plans.
This role is for a Sr Product Manager to work within the PowerCurve product suite, managing Customer Management product set. This is an exciting time to join our team as we continue to drive innovation and change with our product platforms.
The Sr Product Manager will have responsibility for managing product and platform initiatives. The role is part of the PowerCurve product management team responsible for developing, launching and managing solutions under this suite across the product lifecycle. This includes working collaboratively across the Experian organization to identify market problems, client pain points, develop new product ideas, conduct research, stay on top of market and competitive trends, execute per a strategic product roadmap, and deliver expected revenue from new and existing products. They will leverage the Pragmatic Marketing framework and will work cross functionally with the technology, sales, marketing, finance and other teams responsible for the launch, delivery and performance of products.
- Fully own PowerCurve Customer Management, and associated initiatives through their entire lifecycle. This includes initiating new concepts, driving development projects, launching new products, driving revenue via marketing and the sales force, and withdrawing products from the market.
- Identify market opportunities, define product vision and strategy, understand client needs, gather product requirements, and recommend product ideas and enhancements.
- Develop the business case for new opportunities, including market sizing, target market segmentation, competitive analysis, go to market strategies and product positioning.
- Manage the implementation of product improvements and enhancements including developing plans for product launch by coordinating necessary activities and working across all supporting teams.
- Manage roadmaps that involves development, delivery, marketing, sales, clients, and other internal and external stakeholder and partners.
- For new products and product enhancements, work with marketing to create and implement launch strategy and launch artifacts.
- Drive a consistently high level of quality and ingenuity in detailed product management deliverables (e.g. business cases, marketing requirements, compliance documents, pricing, sales tools).
- Collaborate with product development and delivery teams on release and enhancement schedules.
- Responsible to drive revenue and profitability of the product lines, leveraging, aligning, and prioritizing resources and sales channels from across the enterprise to sustain competitive business growth.
- Monitor, track, and forecast revenue and pipelines and evaluate P & L’s, as appropriate. Responsible for fiscal year attainment of budgeted revenue and margin / EBIT goals.
- Lead and manage processes for obtaining client feedback through collaboration with sales and marketing, and leverage to inform product roadmap and enhancements and ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Support process of securing and creating client references and supporting documents in the form of case studies, written referrals, joint press releases, etc.
- Support sales with product expertise and contribute to the development of tools such as product collateral, communication updates, ongoing sales training, client presentations / product demonstrations, RFP / RFI responses, competitive positioning documents, and other relevant materials.
- Work on preparing the necessary presentations for obtaining internal cross functional governance approvals to bring new capabilities or use cases to the market
- Lead cross-Experian product initiatives with other Experian business units.
- Present product overviews to internal and external audiences, at conferences and through webinars.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise as related to Experian’s products and services, to include addressable markets, detailed functionality, best practices, and competitive positioning at a level such that you can successfully represent the business to internal groups and parties as well as to external clients, partners, and at industry functions.
- Assist in product promotion by contributing to the development and implementation of collateral such as blogs, whitepapers, press releases, and analyst papers.
- Collaborate in the support of relevant strategic partnerships as part of product innovations and new distribution channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product management and product marketing (full product lifecycle from inception to deliver)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in B2B or B2C software products
- Knowledge and previous work experience with Agile software development and Pragmatic Marketing
- Demonstrated success in analytics, financial services, credit risk, credit policy, regulatory risk, enterprise risk, data management or marketing services.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business and investment cases and in managing to a product level P&L.
- Knowledge in working with multiple functional areas such Marketing, Technology, Sales, Client Support, and Finance.
- Ability to understand, summarize and explain highly complex and technical problems.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize requirements given business value versus constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance
- Generous vacation, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together