Backblaze originated in a founder’s one-bedroom apartment where five people committed to helping people save their data. Backblaze provides cloud storage and backup that’s astonishingly easy to use and affordable. Our customers use our services so they can pursue dreams like curing cancer (genome mapping is data intensive), archiving the work of some of the greatest artists on the planet (learn more about how Austin City Limits uses B2), or simply sleeping well at night (anyone that’s spilled a cup of coffee on a laptop knows the relief that comes with complete, secure backups). We are entrusted with well over an exabyte of data from customers in more than 175 countries. We exited 2020 growing rapidly, and we've done it all with just $3M in total funding.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. Our approach is guided by honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing the right thing for our customers and coworkers. Our customers are happy, and so are our coworkers: In the most recent “Great Place to Work” survey, 99% of our team rated Backblaze as “a great place to work.” Check out what our employees are saying on Glassdoor!
But while there is a lot to celebrate in our past, there is almost as much opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager - Cloud Storage .
This position will be based remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Use the B2 Cloud Storage product with our integration partner’s products
- Know the public cloud and data protection landscape and see how the market is transforming
- Talk to customers and understand their needs and pains and record that gold
- Prioritize features based on business goals, customer needs, and resource capacity
- Develop and maintain a near- and long-term strategy for the product line
- Create, manage and evangelize product roadmaps to cross-departmental key stakeholders
- Write clear and concise requirements and user stories and ensure that the development teams are fed with high priority work
- Participate in go-to-market plans, working and guiding product marketing, sales engineering and sales on technical solution and approaches
- Tell us why the next thing you’re going to work on is the most important thing for the company to do
- Define, live and breathe product KPIs
- Know how to get *stuff* done without anyone telling you what the *stuff* is or how
The Right Fit
- 3 - 5 years of experience in public cloud storage, cloud data management, or data protection companies
- Familiar with features and API protocols used by public cloud providers
- Performs at the strategic and operational (execution) level and have launched multiple products
- Strong analytical ability, and experience in making decisions based on data
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence - effectively communicates with engineers, designers, our customers (B2C and B2B)
- Well versed in Agile/Scrum - such a meticulous story writer that QA teams love you
- Bias for action, doesn't wait for direction
- Strategic, creative and innovative
- Bachelor's degree required
- 100% healthcare for family
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Full-time employees receive option grants
- Flexible vacation policy
- MacBook Pro to use for work plus a generous stipend to personalize your workstation
- Fully stocked micro kitchens and strong coffee
- Catered breakfast and lunches twice a week
- Childcare bonus (human children only)
- Pet-friendly office
- Generous skills training policy to continue your professional development
- Culture that supports healthy work-life balance
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#LI-REMOTE #LI-HYBRID #LI-DR1