Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As an Electronics Engineer in this role, you’ll be responsible for providing technical expertise across the company on components within subsystems that support the overall satellite.
Ready to take technical ownership of a given system in products that range from control moment gyroscopes to space radios? Here you’ll mentor your product team, teaching them how to take subsystems and components from initial concept to volume production.
This position's internal job code is Product Review Engineer. Our team is currently hiring for a level 5.
- Support Development (NPI)
- Consult with design, Satellite Support Engineering, and Systems Engineers during development
- Propose strategies for test verification and manufacturing
- Focus on production readiness, coordinating with multiple disciplines
- Lead tasks relating to qualification of new products and initial production builds
- Work with Production engineers and other manufacturing and test focals to “productize” a newly developed unit
- Author documents used for production (Requirements, Assembly, Test, etc) as necessary
- Lead Initial Production
- Conduct production readiness reviews to support transitioning products from low rate initial production (LRIP) (<10) to full rate production (batches of units at once).
- Plan out and oversee initial production working to continuously improve the manufacturing and testing processes
- Train relevant production staff on new products
- Technical backstop for production related issues
- Act as technical reference for all Millennium products
- Disposition discrepancies found in production and lead RCCA’s (root cause corrective action)
- Act as responsible engineer for product changes
- Lead multidisciplinary teams to ensure product change implementations are done per best practices.
- Mentor to other Product Engineers
- Provide best practices reference and training
- Guide Products team in developing standards and standard operating procedures
- Technical Point of Contact for Programs and Proposals
- Provide technical guidance to programs and Systems Engineers
- Degree in electrical, computer, or other relevant engineering
- Detailed knowledge of hardware and/or software
- 5 years developing and manufacturing electronic assemblies, or similar experience
- Methodical design, testing, and troubleshooting capabilities
- Must be versatile and able to perform and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Experience in qualifying space avionics
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Level 5: $154,700 - $227,500
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Powered by JazzHR