Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 10+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 8 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to join ourResponsive Space Systems Engineeringteam.
Senior Principal Systems Engineers architect, develop and test GDMSSpace Systems to ensure the integration of software, hardware, reliability, maintainability, safety, and otherrequirements in the total engineering effort. Additional Responsibilities include formulating operational concepts; performing mission, functional, cost-benefit and risk analysis; selectingsystems architecture; and preparing specifications forsystems to ensure designs meet customermissions.
WORK SCHEDULE :
9/80 flexible schedule (9 hour days with every other Friday off)
Support for flexible work arrangements, remote/on-site, depending on program needs
- Techn ical leadership of large and complex Systems Engineering driven programs
- Reconciling conflicting requirements and capabilities with internal and external stakeholders
- Hardware (RF and/or Digital) integration with Software and Firmware
- Formal Acceptance Testing, Qualification, and Environmental Testing of Space Hardware
- Design for all major milestones in a traditional payload project (leading efforts up through PDR, CDR)
- RF MCM and subassemblies with > 30 GHz capability
- Digital Signal Processing, Communications Systems Engineering, RF engineering, System Test and Integration, System Design
- DevOps, Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- SIGINT, Space Payloads, New Space, and Commercial Space
- Design to the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Design to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC), Constraints-Based Engineering, Risk Analysis
- Effective communication, presenting to internal stakeholders and external customers, building advocacy, clear and concise written documentation
- Python, MATLAB, Mathcad, SysML, FPGA and Xilinx tools
If youdon’thave everything on this list, we still want to talk to you! We are seeking highly motivated engineers who are willing to learn, and we’re willing to teach.
Target salary range: USD $166,500.00/Yr. - USD $184,700.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran