Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire with ability to upgrade to SCI. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
GDMS is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program is leveraging best practices in system engineering, Digital Engineering processes and technology, Agile software development and DevSecOps development. This new, long term contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
GDMS is seeking an experienced military command & control (C2), collection manager or intelligence officer to support a new USAF program providing time sensitive, operationally relevant data and intelligence to the war-fighter. You will define new C2 and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) interfaces, collaborate with military operators and planners to establish new operational employment concepts, and engage with senior policy makers to increase user advocacy. Additionally, you may provide direct liaison to military units in support of system development, evaluations, and/or demonstrations.
The program may connect to the USAF Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) and the Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2) program. As our operational SME, you will be part of a team of engineering and integration experts that evaluates future capabilities through the application of digital engineering, Agile and novel approaches to provide recommendations for operational integration.
GDMS Systems Engineers lead configuration management efforts for this program, integrating space and ground development efforts and complex user and broad system interfaces. As an SE&I Professional you will work with stakeholders to maintain configuration control of system requirements, model based system engineering artifacts and system interfaces. The Engineering Professionals should possess demonstrated working knowledge of large space/ground systems integration and test activities necessary to enable the successful demonstration of operational capabilities in a larger enterprise.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors and end users
- Support the development of operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs
- Analyze system architectures, plans, and processes; translate capabilities to operational users and propose verification methodologies
- Provide expert analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces and evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs
- Provide team leadership and management to junior engineers and analysts
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of program baseline
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
Required Experience, and Qualifications:
- Masters in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large US Government systems acquisition
- Experience with joint airborne C2/ISR Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledge of US military testing, experimentation, training, and exercise TTP
- Experience in military (USAF preferred) operations and/or intelligence activities
- Knowledge of military airborne and spaceborne C2 and intelligence collection systems
- Experience in systems integration and configuration management
- Experience in 1 of these 3 backgrounds: Space, Ground RADAR or EO related systems
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing requirements and tasks working independently and as part of a team
- Experience with systems integration throughout the life-cycle
- Experience with Cameo System modeling tools
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and life-cycle support
- Experience with Agile software development
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
This position is f.t. on-site @ 4801 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, Va.
Target salary range: USD $158,500.00/Yr. - USD $175,900.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran