You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
By partnering with the Departments of Defense, Health and Human Services, Veterans Affairs and other organizations, we help accelerate VA modernization, support the operational effectiveness and readiness in military health, and provide policy and technology solutions to guide the transition to value-based care. With capabilities in health IT, data and analytics, population health management, health care operations, military and veteran health services, and health policy research and consulting, OptumServe is proud to be a transformative partner that helps federal agencies tackle some of our country's biggest health care challenges.
As a Senior Network Account Manager, you will be responsible for the full range of end-to-end business partnerships and service interactions to build and nurture positive relationships between the contract requirements, providers (agency, physician, ancillary, etc.) and market managers. Vendor Management is a growing organization within OptumServe Shared Services and is positioned to support all OptumServe business units. We perform critical work for our nation’s most vulnerable populations. You will find your place and purpose working within OptumServe working in a diverse workplace.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Build rapport and maintain solid, long-standing provider relationships based on professional trust.
- Identify, develop and solicit offers and bids from large Healthcare Systems and Networks to expand the capabilities of the provider network.
- Negotiating complex fee schedules and mobile exam solutions,
- Manage provider performance, finance/reimbursement process, legal/HR awareness of staff situations and credentialing activities.
- Work with OptumServe Legal and Compliance team to develop new contracts, update contracts and modify language to meet growing and changing business needs.
- Design and implement programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the contract requirements, providers (agency, physician, ancillary, etc.), and market managers.
- Implement strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network. May also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims.
- Travel within authorized budget in support of Account Manager duties and delivery of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare presentations and worksheets to be shared with leadership team to convey provider performance
- Protect OptumServe from risk and liability by writing, enforcing, and adhering to compliance and legal standards
- Conduct Quarterly and Annual Business Reviews
- Drive changes and process adoption through collaboration, relationship building and solutioning
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business or related field OR four years relevant work experience
- 3+ years of sales negotiating, subcontracting experience, order acquisition, human resources experience or related work experience
- Skilled in Account Management Process and Call Planning
- Proficiency with MS Office (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to be on call over weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Supplier, vendor, account management or sourcing and procurement or related operations experience
- Experience managing contracting processes and procedures
- Prior experience with federal programs
- Experience managing highly complex programs
- Proficiency in data and analytics
- Broad healthcare experience
- Database experience/education
- Ability to influence and negotiate through use of verbal, written and interpersonal means with a diverse group of people/disciplines at all levels of an organization
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities and in making work related decisions
- Must be able to be customer focused with strong listening skills
- Able to map and understand buying processes in complex organizations
- Understanding the customer to conduct appropriate communications and representation
- Ability to read reports, analyze reports, and create action plans based on performance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 - $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 - $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Yellow