Responsible for building relationships and developing plans to increase sales and profitability for accounts that are our largest national relationships and make national purchasing decisions. Drive sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales for Core & Main. Negotiate national contracts and rebate programs consistent with industry management goals. Serve as a mentor and coach to NAM peers. Partner with Merchandising, Marketing, etc., to develop industry growth. (These targeted national accounts represent the largest customer relationships for Core & Main.) This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Researches, develops and acquires large account opportunities. Effectively communicates competitive strengths to organization and develops strategy to acquire competitive business. Develops profitable business plans for newly acquired accounts and implements those plans effectively. Responsible for linking to other Core & Main entities where appropriate.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing accounts. Teams with individuals with sales and other key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the largest national accounts for the company. Develop, execute and communicate business plans for profitability growing sales. Strategically plans customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative programs and communicate plans. Participates in local and national trade associations and conferences.
- Maintains and manages relationships with outside vendors and consultants.
- Trains and mentors new staff members to increase assimilation to Core & Main.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Experience with Miller Heiman's Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process concepts.
- Experience within core industries of multi-family, hospitality, government, or healthcare.
- Experience managing national accounts in a supply chain environment preferred.
- Prior Industry Experience Internal experience helpful in understanding our culture and regional alignment.
- Ability to communicate with c-suite leadership as well as business development and field operations of customers and vendors.
- Basic fluency with P&L objectives.
- Work independently but must be prepared to collaborate with peers, our SLT as well as all layers of internal sales and operations teams.
- DBIA certification will be requested.
- Participation in internal training and fast track C&M systems learning, account maintainance and reporting.
- A/R, Basic understanding of Construction contracts and associated risk assessment. ability to work independently as well as extensive communication and collaboration with internal and external customers.
About Core & Main
Based in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help communities thrive.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.