Ingenium Technologies – Loves Park IL.
On behalf of our client, Ingenium Technologies is recruiting and evaluating candidates for the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer. The product design and development engineer will develop aircraft main engine fuel or oil pumps.
All applicants must be U.S. persons. US Citizen or Green Card Holder. No Visa Candidates can be considered. ITAR Requirement
- Product design and development engineer with direct aircraft main engine fuel or oil pump experience including, technology development
- New product introduction, fielded pump experience and knowledge of common failure modes of subject product types
- Strong analytical skills in pumping technologies, including bearing designs, loading and lubrication, materials selection consideration, filtration, relieving, gear pump design, vane pump design and rotor designs
- Strong product design considerations including importance of design elements such as criticality of materials, manufacturing processes, tolerancing and finishes.
- Reports to the Engineering Leader and is responsible for providing a moderate to high level of product design
- Mentoring to other Engineers and participation in process improvements, strategic planning and presentations.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of a major project or in a total project system of moderate scope.
- May carry out complex or novel research assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Promotes and implements process improvements company-wide. May write product standard design guidelines.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, non-standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Independently troubleshoots/analyzes system problems.
- Independently writes and performs complex component tests.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations, (Customer, internal and management). Writes and communicates critical reports. Leads complex design reviews, internally and Customer. Expert technical writing skills (procedures, reports, etc.)
- Competent complex problem solving/troubleshooting skills for both components and subsystems.
- Solid knowledge of appropriate WISE applications such as BOM, Item Master, NCR, EC screens and part tracking.
- Working knowledge of standards and the ability to apply complex groupings of standards into designs. Ability to quickly learn, interpret and apply new standards.
- Competent use and application of FEA tools; solid use of DFSS tools and methodologies; solid knowledge of Engineering quality systems (PLC, Engineering change, configuration management); solid ability to compute steady state results. Significant contributor to the design of complex products/systems.
- Demonstrates leadership skills; ability to drive results across organizational boundaries.
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor's degree in Technical/Science or International equivalent required.
- 8-10 years experience with pumping technologies, including bearing designs, loading and lubrication, materials selection consideration, filtration, relieving, gear pump design, vane pump design and rotor designs
- 8-10 years experience in product design and development with direct aircraft main engine fuel or oil pumps
- 8-10 years experience in the use and application of FEA tools; solid use of DFSS tools and methodologies; solid knowledge of Engineering quality systems
Compensation: Direct Hire, Relocation Eligible, Work From Home option not available.
Location: Loves Park IL.
Employment Criteria: This position includes access or potential access to ITAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Employment Statement: Ingenium Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Proof of eligibility for employment will be required upon employment.
Due to the requirements of the Customer, No Visa sponsorship is available.