taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- Builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role
Machine Learning is a key element in taskrabbit and we are scaling up our functional teams to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a machine learning engineer, you will own the design and implementation of the ML models and deployment in a mission driven environment. You will work closely with the ML Infra engineers to implement state-of-the-art algorithms that enhance business outcomes. You will work with other software engineers to ensure that our data platform and infrastructure are scalable and reliable to be integrated with the backend system.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Build scalable and reliable ML pipelines that supports reproducible feature engineering and model deployment
- Design, train and deliver machine learning solutions to a wide range of datasets: from small datasets to big data, both unlabeled and labeled, tabular and unstructured data.
- Collaborate with the development team and other engineers to implement, test and validate new algorithms and integrate the algorithms with the existing backend systems.
- Build state-of-the-art models for various modeling tasks (e.g., NLP, search ranking and recommendation).
- Optimize and automate model training and testing, experimentation tracking, development, and production.
- Create ML services/APIs for serving ML/AI model results.
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Participate in code reviews, documentation and software engineering life cycle
Background and Experience
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we're thinking about what you'll need to be successful in the role.
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years of industry experience in building high quality ML products and data pipelines
- Solid software engineering skills with proficiency in one or more programming languages including Python or Java
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with building REST API based services
- Experience with data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL
- Passionate to learn new technologies quickly
- Great communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to the team
- Experience with MLOps and other production level implementation frameworks and pipelines
- Experience with messaging systems, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, EMR, MLflow, Kubeflow andAWS Sagemaker
taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75 cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 50% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.