Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Management or Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation’s service members, intelligence analysts, and first responders. That’s the challenge that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Providing Integrated Logistics Support input to project/program plans and deliverables, the Senior Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist will have the opportunity to help our nation’s heroes make a true impact. You’ll define, review and analyze system requirements for enhancements/modifications for supportability. We’ll depend on you to manage members of the ILS staff in support of projects/programs. In this role you’ll support other disciplines for program/project resolutions/enhancements. It’s a challenge that will put your talent in the spotlight.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often classified
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Management or Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrates very strong leadership capability consistent with a team-based work environment
- Exceptional expertise in six or more of the ILS elements
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; solves a wide range of issues in creative ways
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
The Senior ILS Specialist will lead the overall ILS effort on a program focused on development of specialized structural systems, mechanical and electromechanical systems, and utility sub-system components. The role requires technical interface with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) in the design and development of hardware deliverables. The life cycle starts at requirements definition and concept development, extends through detail design and analysis, involves procurement and packing/shipping, supports operator training and readiness exercises, and ends with deployment and field operations support. Work products include structural systems, hardware components, assemblies, and prototypes supporting both program technology development tasking and customer operation initiatives. The Senior ILS Specialist will coordinate with IPT Leads and program management to complete assignments, and lead hardware procurement and pack-outs via a combination of directing small technical teams and participating hands-on to complete required tasks.
Scope of tasking will require the candidate to be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of engineering design and general construction trades. Candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working under general supervision, alone and/or with a team of project engineers, as specific tasking dictates. Work involves hands-on development (design, prototyping, and testing) of one-of-a-kind solutions, often in support of quick response capability (QRC) programs, subsequent manufacture of training and operational parts, components, and mechanisms. The role requires working with the program team and subcontractors in addition to direct interface with customer representatives. Candidate must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Formal certifications in transportation, logistics, and distribution
- Experience and certification in land, sea, and air Hazmat shipping
- Ability to work with customer shipping entities to coordinate specialized packaging and shipping requirements, often in evolving and dynamic conditions
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical requirements verbally and via design specifications, technical drawings, and written procedures
- General knowledge for uses of standard construction materials including wood, metal, concrete, and composites
- Ability to work independently, or with a team of engineers and/or technical operators
- Aptitude and interest in hands-on work in a shop/highbay environment to verify equipment operation and assist in operator training
- A definite plus – basic abilities in the operation of fixed wood/metal shop equipment, power and hand tools, and ability and interest to support fabrication of physical proof-of-concept mock-ups and test fixtures
- Related knowledge of technical requirements and practices in one or more areas of manufacturing, fabrication, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, machining, welding, masonry, etc.
- Experience using eQuip, the primary program asset management tool – familiarity is not required but would be preferential
Duties and Tasks:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong leadership capability consistent with a team-based work environment
- Possesses strong expertise in six or more of the ILS elements
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Highly proficient knowledge of ILS elements: Supply Support, Maintenance Planning, Manpower and Personnel, Technical Data, Training and Training Equipment
- Highly proficient knowledge of military/commercial requirements and specifications applicable to functional area expertise
- Knowledge, understanding, and use of internal/external procedures and policies
- Conflict management skills
- Highly proficient knowledge of the acquisition logistics process
- Ability to coordinate other disciplines for program/project resolutions/enhancements
- Proficient in various ILS software applications
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly proficient knowledge of WBS, IMP/IMS, EVMS
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing highly proficient knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran