Senior Project Manager - Healthcare
NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UCSF, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ – San Francisco in a Senior Project Manager role.
NBBJ San Francisco is seeking a senior-level Project Manager with the ability to effectively lead project teams in the design and planning of complex healthcare projects of various scales, from large-scale hospitals to smaller renovations. This is an opportunity to join a fully integrated design studio where Architects work with interior designers, medical planners, in-house clinical specialist, and workplace specialists from Concept Design through Construction. The skill and ability to work with and integrate into a diverse team of designers would serve the candidate well in our highly collaborative environment.
Your New Role:
- Manage team complexity – plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a design team of approximately 5 to 25+ individuals
- Develop and execute a management work plan for the overall project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day trusting working relationship with client(s) and consultants
- Cultural leader of collaborative, interdisciplinary teams often in big-room environments.
- Responsible for accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall project(s)
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principles for all aspects of the project(s)
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Assist with proposal preparation and participates in client presentations/interviews
- Develop and leverage existing client relationship for the purposes of winning work.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of professional experience in Architecture
- Experience with large, complex hospital projects & academic medical centers
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch
- Architectural licensure desired; LEED Accreditation a plus
- Ability to work in a collaborative, design-focused open environment
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager with large, complex projects involving work that ranges from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills; effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams of designers
- Experience with Lean/Collaborative Team project management methodologies preferred
- Champion for integrating sustainability and resiliency features into every project
- Proficient in Revit and managing a project team with a shared BIM model
- Proficient in Excel, and Project Management software (Deltek Vision) desired
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to travel as the project(s) requires
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer