This is a contract to hire job opportunity.
This role is a part of the Financial Services department, and you will be reporting to the Controller. You will be responsible for assisting with maintaining, supporting, and customizing the financial systems of the Firm. As an ideal candidate, you have both strong IT skills and knowledge of financial systems and processes.
You will be collaborating with others to administer the financial planning, forecasting, and reporting systems, processes, and maintenance. Using your finance reporting skills, you will be responsible for creating reports, perform design, and document system updates, develop/improve workflows, and make recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
You will be responsible for day-to-day financial systems processes including forecast data seeding/forecast opening and closing, batch jobs, data loads, maintaining master and metadata.
- Provide support for system maintenance, monitoring, business continuity, and problem resolution for the financial systems environment to include data and systems integrity.
- Support the implementation, upgrade, functional, and technical maintenance of financial systems applications (including Microsoft Dynamics 365, Adaptive Insights and ADP).
- Develop custom reports and queries for Accounting and Management as requested.
- Lead and/or participate in financial systems implementations involving enhancements or new rollouts to include designing, developing and testing of systems.
- Work with software vendors and the IT department to install, configure, and test applications.
- Define and document standard operating procedures, best practices, etc.
- Provide application training and support to end-users of financial system software, to include developing training materials and system documentations.
- 3+ years experience of administering financial systems (Ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365, or any other similar cloud-based financial system).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance.
- Solid understanding of financial processes with experience in related financial services applications such as Adaptive Insights.
- Experience with accessing and processing data using SQL or similar data mining tools.
- Ability to design and create summary and detail level reports for management
- Carry out ad hoc reporting using SQL, or similar software.
- Experience with Power BI.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Technical writing and creating end user documentation a plus.
MS Certification a plus.