About Vaco: Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement, executive search, and strategic staffing for companies around the world, in the areas of accounting, finance, operations, administration and more. As a premier talent solutions firm, Vaco connects people to their dream jobs and helps leading companies find talent to grow their business.
About the Company: Global company that places high value on collaborative interactions, rapid delivery of solutions, and prioritizing the needs of its customers, we strive to meet this challenge. Company's innovative, array-based solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis serve as tools for disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic
Job Description: Candidate will support budget planning, forecasts, monthly operational/financial reviews, and other ad hoc projects in support of the Medical Organization (Sales & Marketing Division). The successful candidate will utilize strong business acumen, deep financial expertise, and solid communication to become an effective partner within the organization.
- Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will be the key lead for operating expense financial planning and analysis for the Medical Organization.
- Provide deep insight into marketing spend activity variances with a view to helping management understand their impact on overall performance.
- Provide end to end support, covering front end business support, financial planning, and analysis, as well as back-end controllership and accounting for area(s) of direct responsibility
- Play a major role in the quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, and periodic variance reporting cycles.
- Provide month end reporting and analysis to stakeholders to drive insights and spend management.
- Actively participate in the preparation of financial reporting package focused on performance related to the Medical organization to the appropriate executive management audiences.
- Track headcount and open requisitions and collaborate with talent acquisition teem to forecast hiring timing and cost assumptions.
- Ad hoc financial support analysis in collaboration with Strategy and Partnership Finance teams for M&A or partnerships deals.
- 8+ years' experience of FP&A preferred
- Successful track record of effectively interfacing with senior personnel to identify, support, and execute on value-added ideas to improve profitability
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel; Must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files
- Strong hands-on experience with SAP is preferred; exposure to Cognos TM1 is a plus
- Experience with clinical trial expense management is a plus