At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying facility design and personnel requirements to help keep our operations running smoothly. You'll also develop work instructions and update standard operating procedures. As a part of the team, you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide daily business solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Support the preparation of proposals for new business opportunities by identifying potential locations and facilities
- Analyze the receiving, inventory and fulfillment data within proposals to estimate activity level
- Engineer facility, equipment layouts, staffing requirements, processes and flows
- Identify facility upfits and equipment requirements
- Work with functional support groups to develop and prepare solutions
- Work with technical writers to prepare perspective client proposals; present solutions to perspective clients
- Support operational and process improvement projects for current operations as needed
- Work alongside operations personnel to execute specific engineering efforts
- Assist with the development of engineered solutions; conduct pilot programs, simulations, sprints and time studies
- Represent your solutions to senior management and client
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of prior related work experience
- Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Experience working in a production environment
- Provide end-to-end solutions and own the development, enhancement, and maintenance of the deliverables
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional data management and SQL skills
- Ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.