CRISPR Therapeutics is a leading gene editing company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 platform. CRISPR/Cas9 is a revolutionary gene editing technology that allows for precise, directed changes to genomic DNA. CRISPR Therapeutics has established a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a broad range of disease areas including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine, and rare diseases. To accelerate and expand its efforts, CRISPR Therapeutics has established strategic collaborations with leading companies including Bayer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc., and R&D operations based in Boston, Massachusetts, and business offices in San Francisco, California and London, United Kingdom.
If you like a challenge, love to learn and want to be part of a team developing the next generation of gene editing biotherapeutics based on CRISPR/Cas9, we would like to hear from you. Our ideal candidate will have hands-on technical expertise with downstream process development for the manufacture of biologics and will have a solid understanding of bioprocess engineering principles. The position will be responsible for developing and characterizing the downstream purification process of recombinant viruses and will be a key member of the team developing expression and purification strategies for novel gene editing/gene therapy vectors.
- Lead a team of highly productive purification scientists and engineers.
- Contribute to a smart, integrated development approach for definition of scalable viral vector processes and suitable control strategies.
- Design and perform experiments to develop/characterize purification process steps including chromatography (affinity, IEX, HIC, SEC, etc.) and filtration (depth filtration, UF/DF, and sterile filtration).
- Build a science-based understanding of the process to define critical process parameters (CPPs) and establish acceptance criteria.
- Lead experiments/studies for process characterization to develop control strategies for downstream unit operations using DoE, multivariate analysis, and other statistical tools.
- Manufacture critical materials for developmental and preclinical testing and participate in/present to cross functional teams.
- Participate in tech-transfer activities with CMOs and build strong relationships with collaborating companies.
- PhD (3+ yrs.), MS (7+ yrs.) in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biological or Chemical Engineering, Biology, Virology) with experience in bioprocess development.
- Downstream process development experience in biologics – specifically for viral vectors: adeno associated virus (AAV), lentivirus.
- Demonstrated, hands-on expertise in downstream unit operations: centrifugation, depth filtration, chromatography (ion exchange, size exclusion, affinity), tangential flow filtration, and sterile filtration.
- Application of advanced automation and statistical data analysis in development, including design of experiments (DoE).
- Strong awareness of the literature, technologies, and industrial landscape of AAV process development.
- Experience in late-stage process development and/or tech transfer is a plus.
- Desire to take on new technology challenges and broaden technical skill set, including upstream bioreactor production of viral vectors and/or product characterization/analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in team-oriented environment; driven and highly organized, attention to details.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
To view our Privacy Statement, please click the following link: http://www.crisprtx.com/about-us/privacy-policy