Senior Engineer of Product Characterization and Modeling for Sensor Devices in Newark, Ca.
Seeking a self-motivated individual to spearhead product performance, quality and yield improvement of leading-edge environmental sensing systems through detailed characterization and analysis of individual sensors and statistical analysis of high-volume manufacturing distribution data.
- Define and implement pragmatic, optimal methods for testing and characterizing electrochemical sensors in both lab-scale and production environments.
- Implement or be able to define signal processing methods for extracting key product performance indicators from raw, analog data.
- Determine characteristic equations / surface response functions for devices, linked to fundamental device chemistry and physics. Implement compensation algorithms for said sensors for humidity and temperature over the required product range based on the analysis.
- Implement integral models of the sensor and analog front-end subsystem (potentiostat) along with methods for trimming Insyte electrochemical gas sensors in a production environment.
- Identify outstanding data required to enrich existing models. Hands-on characterize devices as required to acquire the data.
- Model and map product performance metrics to component material parameters and device architecture choices.
- Identify root cause of product performance variations. Recommend required design and process control improvements to enhance product performance, quality and yield, and to tighten product distributions.
- Support operations and test excellence improvements in all areas as required.
- Characterization and Modeling of physical devices and extract test data
- 3+ years’ work experience in semiconductor manufacturing and a Degree in a Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematic relevant experience.
- Strong statistical analysis and experimental design capability.
- Solid competency in ELECTROCHEMICAL device characterization and multi-physics modeling, statistics, and extracting, organizing, and manipulating data.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Matlab, or equivalent, or extensive experience in implementing appropriately detailed analytic methods in Excel.
- Experience with SQL, and managing and setting up databases
- Electrochemical Cells like batteries, Fuel cells, capacitors, gas sensors experience would be HIGHLY DESIRED
- Hands on experience with batteries, fuel cells, gas sensors, capacitors is highly desired.
- Strong collaborative and team work attributes with active communication and good documentation skills.
- Hands-on, analytic personality.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and self-directed, and be able to define their own detailed work plan based upon communication of a top-level direction.
- To be most successful in the job, the candidate must possess and intrinsic sense of curiosity.
Location: Newark, Ca
Type: Full Time
Submit resume to osijobs@OSIengineering.com
Abel Lara | 408.550.2800 x119