- Develop and maintain software components on current and future computer network security products with FortiGate and FortiOS;
- Implement software features with high quality and on schedule, including Switch-Controller features on FortiGate
- Port core FortiSwitch software features to the FortiGate product for remote management and push proper configuration to FortiSwitch;
- Develop software with programming language C in an embedded Linux environment;
- Work with libcurl computer project software library, which operates on the REST API on the FortiSwitch to pass information from FortiOS to the FortiSwitch
- Work with JSON data objects and their creation and parsing semantics, as most of the FortiSwitch REST API endpoints utilize JSON formatted data in order to configure the features, to allow data to be formatted into proper JSON before given to the libcurl layer;
- Communicate effectively with internal teams to ensure important engineering milestones are met according to schedule.
- Fix bugs found in current products through analysis and understanding of data given from Quality Assurance (QA) or customer support teams, including review source code and investigating root causes;
- Reproduce scenarios found in bugs, develop test code and other actions to narrow down software problems, and find solutions for bugs reported by QA;
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Fortinet Product(s) amp; Technologies used on a daily basis:
- Strong C/C++ experience in Unix/Linux in environment
- Solid grasp of networking fundamentals, specifically TCP/IP networking, switching, and routing
- Strong understanding of REST API semantics and their application in networking appliances
- Experience in using libcurl for formulating REST API calls
- Experience with JSON data objects and their creation and parsing symantics
- Experience with firewall configurations and operation
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies as well as software development fundamentals
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 500,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fortinet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our company, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Source : Fortinet Technologies (Canada) ULC