Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced theyâ€™re often classified. Thatâ€™s what youâ€™ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here youâ€™ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, itâ€™s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
The experienced Senior Advanced Electrical Engineer will be responsible and accountable for the electrical technical planning, scheduling, cost analysis, risk analysis and successful execution of small to medium programs or the major electrical subsystems of a larger program containing substantial electrical content. Youâ€™ll have substantial influence as a team lead and contributor on the electrical requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis (e.g. timing, power, etc.), interface analysis and definition for the design, integration and verification of electrical components, equipment and systems.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Highly proficient in the use and understanding of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and theories; frequent contributor to the development of new theories and methods
- Proven, effective leadership skills to guide work groups and programs to successful completion
- Exceptional knowledge of the electrical engineering process
- Ability to travel as needed
What sets you apart:
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate project issues and impacts
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Effectively handle complex assignments independently or in multiple work groups
An Electrical Design Engineer is being sought to develop high speed secure communications and control products. The position requires familiarity with all phases of circuit card development, starting with translating customer requirements into well-defined elements that formulate highly reliable, cost sensitive products.
Experience with some of the following would be required:
- Mentor tools Suite (schematic entry, layout, routing, SI, power analysis)
- High speed circuit design using advanced materials and packaging techniques
- Embedded processors
- High end FPGAs, SOC FPGAs, state-of-the-art memory devices
- Standard communications and storage protocols
- Low power FPGAs, CPLDs
- Power sequencing, monitoring, management
- Extremely low power, battery operated design
- High reliability, extreme environment design
- Design for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electrmagnetic Compliance (EMC)
- Product based design (DFT, DTUPC)
- Designing, building, testing/debugging, and producing low to high volume embedded products
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, multitask, and work well on collaborative designs
Based on experience and career goals, the successful candidate will be part of a small team that develops complex circuit cards with embedded processor & FPGA-based solutions from concept, though design, layout, analysis, lab integration & design verification, formal test, and production support through product life cycle.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran