Bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced theyâ€™re often classified. Thatâ€™s what youâ€™ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here youâ€™ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, itâ€™s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Deputy PM Engineer, youâ€™ll plan, authorize and monitor engineering work by managing a team of top talent. Youâ€™ll ensure that the total system is integrated, tested and verified while keeping your team motivated and focused on project goals. Itâ€™s an exceptional challenge and for a true leader, itâ€™s an equally exceptional opportunity.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
- Working with Lead Systems Engineer on the tactical details of the technical approach/development process
- Controlling the technical baseline (reviewing and approving recommended changes to requirements and design configuration)
- Ensuring the overall cost, schedule, and performance of the program.
- Maintaining the program plans (management baseline)
- Conducting customer reviews and serving as an advocate for customer issues â€“ technical and programmatic
- Managing program resources, organizational interfaces, and program task scope
- Representing your program on the Line of Business Corrective Action Board
- Engineering approval/closure of Failure Review Board items
- Developing and reporting program and departmental metrics
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelorâ€™s of Science in Engineering, a related specialized area or field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Substantial leadership skills and proven team building and motivation skills
- Proven problem-solving skills in complex environments
What sets you apart:
- Skilled at applying and executing highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts
- Strong ability to lead, mentor, and motivate experienced technical staff
- High level of proficiency in project management
- Through proactive leadership, creates an environment where the impact of technology on the business is clearly recognized
- High-reliability space hardware development
- Space material procurement and qualification
- Global Positioning Satellite Systems
- Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.