Pioneer technology for space exploration alongside a team committed to continuous innovation as we solve the most challenging problems for our customers with a mission that matters: Making the world a safer place.
Bachelorâ€™s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customersâ€™ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space, and everything in between. Want to know more? Check out our Space Programs Video.
As a Senior Deputy PM Engineer, youâ€™ll plan, authorize, and monitor engineering work by managing a team of top talent. Youâ€™ll ensure that the total system is integrated, tested, and verified while keeping your team motivated and focused on project goals.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with a strong track record for developing high-reliability space hardware, and has well as extensive experience with global position satellite systems and space material procurement and qualification. However, are willing to train the right candidate.
What youâ€™ll experience:
- Technologies that arenâ€™t just top-notch, theyâ€™re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring whatâ€™s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as itâ€™s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Substantial leadership skills with a focus on team building and motivation
- Solution oriented and ready to solve challenges in creative ways
- Skilled project manager with strong cost, schedule, and program performance record
What sets you apart:
- Passionate about leading, mentoring, and motivating experienced technical staff
- Ability to provide technical leadership and position others for success
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
This position may be performed fully on-site or in a flex format where youâ€™re only on site for days where youâ€™re needed in the lab, depending on your preferences. The position is based on our Scottsdale, AZ campus, home to the teams who engineered the communications equipment that transmitted Neil Armstrong's historic words from the moon. We make history here. Learn more about the GD-Scottsdale at https://gdmissionsystems.com/about-us/major-locations/scottsdale.