Bachelor’s of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, plus 8 yrs or Master’s degree plus 6 yrs.
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.Responsibilities for this Position:
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $15,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $15,000 Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Join our award-winning Insider Threat Detection program manned by a multi-disciplinary team of system and data engineers, data scientists, software developers, intelligence analysts, and investigators to provide insider threat detection and counterintelligence services. This program provides an opportunity to further advance cutting-edge technology, products, and services for a large Government agency to detect and mitigate insider threats. Our program takes data from multiple sources in any format (structured or unstructured), transforms it into interpretable fragments, and allow our engines to categorize, quantify, distill, and display results for human analysts to interpret. Team members work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. Our technology stack is built on cutting edge hardware and software with multiple Windows and Linux environments interfacing with multi-petabyte data processing and analytic platforms - all designed, built, and maintained by our team. The field of insider threat detection and mitigation is evolving and growing, and our program needs highly innovative individuals.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help us expand our insider threat capabilities in automating data integration and collection strategies. The successful candidate will help expand and optimize the data ingestion pipeline architecture, develop strategies for efficient ingestion, processing, storage, structuring, and access. In addition, the Data Engineer will support data analysts, data scientists, and big data engineers in identifying data sources, performing exploratory data analysis, developing data models, ensuring data cleanliness and accuracy to provide new Insider Threat behavioral insights.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Support data science team by designing, developing and implementing scalable ETL process for disparate datasets into a Hadoop infrastructure
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain data ingestion process from various disparate datasets using StreamSets (experience with StreamSets not mandatory)
- Develop processes to identify data drift and malformed records
- Develop technical documentation and standard operating procedures
- Leads technical tasks for small teams or projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of entity resolution systems
- Experience with Hadoop and Hive/Impala
- Experience with messages systems like Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL and/or graph databases like MongoDB or ArangoDB
- Any of the following databases: SQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres
- Working experience with ETL processing and Python
- Working experience with data workflow products like StreamSets or NiFi
- Working experience with Python RESTful API services, JDBC
- Experience with Cloudera Data Science Workbench is a plus
- Understanding of pySpark
- Leadership experience
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent use and understanding of data engineering concepts, principles, and theories
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Linux Systems Engineer will support a 6+ year contract that General Dynamics has supported for years.
#CJ3Minimum Salary:USD $180,000.00/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD $200,000.00/Yr.Salary Note:This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.Company Overview:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran