Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- Builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
The Data Engineering team’s mission is to ingest data, build ELT pipelines and create services and tools for others to use data more efficiently. You will work on developing and enhancing our data warehouse, defining processes for data monitoring and alerting as well as maintaining data integrity in our data ecosystem. You will work with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders to define requirements and build solutions to meet the requirements. You will work with other engineers to ensure that our data platform and infrastructure are scalable and reliable.
- Work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- Design, architect and support new and existing ELT pipelines, using tools like Snowflake, Fivetran, dbt and the AWS stack
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements
- Be responsible for ingesting data into Snowflake data lake and warehouse and providing tools and frameworks for operating on that data
- Analyze, debug and correct issues with data pipelines
- Communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to the data engineering as well as other teams
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, loading, and transformation of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Fivetran, dbt, Python and AWS technologies
- Build a reliable and scalable metrics and monitoring system to support proactive handling and communication of issues with all aspects of our data pipelines
- Working with both Structured and semi-structured data (JSON and XML) raw data
- 5 years of experience, which includes at least 3 years of experience implementing complex ELT pipelines preferably in connection with Snowflake and extract and load tools like Fivetran or Stitch along with transformation tools like dbt
- Experience writing complex SQL and ELT processes
- Exceptional coding and design skills, particularly in Python and SQL
- Worked with large data volumes, including processing, transforming and transporting large-scale data
- Have hands-on experience with AWS and services like EC2, SQS, Lambda, S3, etc.
- Experience with DAG-based orchestration tools like Airflow
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, especially Terraform
- Have a strong understanding and usage of algorithms and data structures
- Strong Bash shell scripting and Linux command-line experience
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At Taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, Taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 50% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly Taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.