You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have the flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Performs a high volume and wide variety of insurance - related administrative tasks accurately and within required timeframes as directed and assigned
- Ensures agent / broker loyalty by providing high levels of service and communication at all times
- Contributes to building and maintaining a high - performance team environment
- Supports all carrier quoting and renewal initiatives
- Demonstrates ability and internal motivation to learn, grow, and continuously improve
- Self-motivated, self-managed, and attentive to detail
- Desire to produce high-quality work
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate with clients and stakeholders in order to understand needs and expectations
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Take accountability for the performance and reliability of deliverables
- Debugging production applications
- Collaborate with ALL team members
- Answer incoming phone calls and take appropriate action for each call
- Maintain agent satisfaction ratings based on explicit criteria set forth by the company
- Attend mandatory training sessions to stay updated on application or company policy changes
- Use company policies to determine if there can be an immediate resolution to a customer issue or if that issue requires managerial input
- Input data into the company computer platform to keep each customer record updated
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years prior customer service experience
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates),and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management) Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), including the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Prior Experience working with Insurance Carrier Maintenance, Quoting and Renewal Websites
- Experience with insurance brokers / agents and benefits accounts
- Experience acting and operating independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Experience with communicating with both internal and external partners
- Experience with meeting assigned deadlines
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: broker, agent, sales support, administration, customer service, issue resolution, Unitedhealthcare, UHG, hiring immediately, #rpo