At The Nieves Law Firm, we believe in creating trusting relationships with clients. We are a supportive and empowering firm that takes the “criminal” out of criminal defense. Our mission is to restore the reputations of those accused of crimes and help them plan for the future. We are seeking a full-time Senior Attorney with a minimum of 6 years of criminal defense experience. Experience in non-criminal defense practice areas will not count towards the minimum requirement.
Candidates must possess felony experience inclusive of motions, preliminary hearings, and felony trials. The ideal candidate will be committed to excellence and zealous advocacy for their clients. We want people who like to win and get amazing results.
Our total compensation package includes a base salary plus health/dental/vision contributions, mileage reimbursement, bar dues, malpractice insurance, parking, and other bonuses and benefits.Compensation:
$120,000 - $161,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- Be committed to criminal defense, protecting the rights of those accused, and fighting for excellent results.
- Prepare for hearings in advance, research potential issues, draft appropriate motions, and take a proactive approach to reach positive resolutions.
- Guide the clients clearly and provide competent strategic advice.
- Help manage the legal division – assisting in guiding Junior Attorneys with cases and delegating tasks to administrative staff.
- Providing insight, direction, and strategy for all cases in the firm at case management meetings.
- Advocate for and secure the best possible outcome for clients.
- Submit motions and other filings on time - meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Arrive at work and court on time in professional and appropriate attire.
- Maintain a good rapport with clients and treat them with respect.
- Fully participate in quarterly goal setting and performance reviews.
- Participate in ongoing training as required by the Firm.
- High energy
- Zealous advocacy
- Committed to providing high-quality client service
- Experience with online case management systems
- Experience drafting and arguing substantive motions
- Experience drafting and arguing post-conviction motions
- A minimum of 5 felony jury trials and preliminary hearings
- Possess a J.D. and be in good standing with the State Bar of CA
- Willingness to travel throughout Alameda County and surrounding Bay Area
At The Nieves Law Firm, we take the criminal out of criminal defense - our mission is to restore the reputation of individuals who have been accused of crimes and help them plan for a better future. Our firm has been named one of the fastest-growing law firms in the nation by the Law Firm 500 for the past three years in a row. Our managing attorney has been named a Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer every year since 2016 and The Nieves Law Firm has also been recognized for the past three years as one of the fastest-growing companies owned or managed by Florida State University Alumni. We attribute our success to our belief in our core values of Truth, Restoration, Action, Compassion, and Knowledge and we are looking for team members who will uphold the same values and provide excellent service to our clients.