Senior Architectural Designer – Healthcare Practice
Los Angeles, CA
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Cedars-Sinai, Amazon, Massachusetts General Hospital, and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
NBBJ is seeking a Senior Architectural Designer, with 10+ years of experience with good conceptual, visual, and communication skills to work in a highly collaborative design studio.
In your new role, you will:
- Produce rapid visualization of concepts, and design ideas, and holistically support their translation into crafted architecture.
- Develop detailed design concepts
- Lead the work of other team members, providing mentoring and guidance
- Provide thought leadership in high-performance building concepts
- Provide expertise in communicating and executing projects to team members, clients, and contractors
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- 10+ years of work experience
- Architectural licensure desired
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Deep understanding of high-performance and environmentally sound building concepts and strategies.
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- California experience working with HCAI and local Southern CA agencies.
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills and ability to work with diverse teams of designers, clients, and contractors.
- Experience leading design efforts through a variety of delivery models such as IPD, Progressive Design Build, Design-Build, and PPP.
- Proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills; and/or Rhino desired
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign desired
- Experience in Grasshopper workflows is beneficial
- Ability to participate in multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, open environment
- Ability to travel, if the project requires