Senior Architectural Designer – Healthcare Practice
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
NBBJ is seeking a Senior Architectural Designer, with 10+ years of experience with excellent conceptual, visual, and communication skills to work in a highly collaborative and design oriented studio.
In your new role, you will:
- Produce rapid visualization of concepts and some construction documentation
- Develop detailed design concepts
- Lead the work of other team members, providing mentoring and guidance
- Provide thought leadership in high-performance building concepts
- Provide expertise in executing projects to team members, clients and contractors
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree; B Arch or M Arch desired
- 10+ years of work experience
- Architectural licensure desired
- Deep understanding of high-performance building concepts.
- LEED Accreditation or within 18 months of hire
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Strong verbal and graphic communication skills and ability to work within diverse teams of designers
- Proficiency in Revit with 3D modeling skills; Sketchup, and/or Rhino desired
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Interest and experience in Grasshopper workflows are beneficial
- Ability to participate in multiple projects and manage deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, open environment
- Ability to travel, if project requires