Bachelorâ€™s degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Advance Information Systems Specialist. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nationâ€™s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
With a focus on DevOps, youâ€™ll perform Pitbull, Red Hat LINUX, Windows OS command line administration along with Trusted Network Environment (TNE) Pitbull command level administration and command line troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software.
Duties and Tasks:
- Provide on-going configuration support for the various development and test components associated with the infrastructure of a mission critical product.
- Predominately the role uses development and applications administration / support skills in the testing, configuration, customization, maintenance, and interfacing of system software deliverables in the CDS development CI pipeline.
- Duties include developing systems and automated processes to facilitate creating, validating, maintaining, updating and decommissioning development environments and test labs.
- Provide the day-to-day care of the system components, provide the technical support for the users of the system, and assist in the configuration management of the system
- Serve as interface to users with technical issues
- Perform server administration for server operating systems; primarily RHEL and Windows
- Perform administration of virtual servers using VMWare and other Hypervisor technologies
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot network-related issues (servers and network eqpt)
- Perform OS and vendor software patching on servers
- Maintain and update asset records
- Provide weekly status to management
- Interact with third-party technology vendors and internal technical staff
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software
- Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems
- Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems
- Self-Management: Provides detailed technical, business or application knowledge to team members
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Lean-Agile principles and practices (includes DevSecOps, Scurm, SAFe, and Kanban) Lean-Agile principles and practices (includes DevSecOps, Scurm, SAFe, and Kanban)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Red Hat LINUX, UNIX, or Windows OS command line administration
- Trusted Network Environment (TNE) Pitbull command level administration
- Command line troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software
- Manages cross domain enterprise level solutions
- Provides on-site technical solutions
- Installs, moves and or breaks-down systems
- Creates detailed technical reports and metrics
- Provides detailed technical solutions
- Performs system builds
- Maintains the security and stability of cross domain solutions
- Interacts with customers
- Creates, modifies, and removes user accounts
- Performs Linux audit and reporting tasks
- Command level Database troubleshooting, including SQL, skills highly desirable
- Provides technical oversight of the creation and maintenance of networking configurations and data files
- Provides day-to-day communication/network security operation and maintenance of multiple secure network infrastructures
- Troubleshoots, develops and designs network architectures consisting of multilevel access and multilevel security platforms supporting both CONUS and OCONUS sites
- Configures, installs, and troubleshoots Cisco routers, switches, and various other network and telecommunication components
- Analyzes and determines corrective action for secure data communications networks
- Implements US government COMSEC standards and practices
- Creates/modifies Microsoft Visio network diagrams
- Assists with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all communications security configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Develops, maintains and analyzes network architecture designs
- Ensures that the solutions are fully documented and in compliance with applicable security requirements for the classification level of the system
- Analyzes, interprets and refines requirements to assure understanding of assignment
Additional Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Cisco IOS
- Virtual Machine Installation and Configuration
- System/Network Monitoring Tools
- Systems and software installation and configuration in a RHEL/PitBull environment is a plus
- Automated workstation deployment
- Desktop Administration
- Security +
- RHEL Certification is a plus
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
As a contractor to the Federal Government, General Dynamics Mission Systems must comply with the federal mandate requiring our workforce be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by January 4, 2022, with only very limited exceptions for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.