Accounts Receivable, Senior Administrator
This position is located in Reston, VA
This position is not remote work
US Citizenship or Green Card Holder - no sponsorship available
- To support the Accounts Receivable department in processing payments, deductions and collections. Communicates and builds a strong partnership with internal and external customers.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES –
- Reconcile the daily cash receipt transmission from the lock box.
- Perform accurate and timely processing of all assigned Checks and ACH payments to customer accounts.
- Research and process all deductions with their appropriate code type upon payment posting
- Research, validate and dispute non-trade related deductions by working closely with Customer Service and Logistics partners.
- Obtain supporting back up documentation from broker, customers and/or carriers to validate claims.
- Resolves valid or authorized invoicing deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Maintain deduction tracking of all open and closed claim deductions for assigned accounts.
- Regularly collect outstanding customer balances, maintaining a clean Accounts Receivable aging report.
- Perform month end duties, including writing off Unearned Cash Discounts, Unsaleables and Coupons.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Perform other functions as required by the position.
- Assist the Manager as necessary to meet department objectives.
- Two to three years of experience in Accounts Receivable in a medium to large consumer products manufacturer preferred.
- Experience in SAP software preferred
- Proficiency in excel/other Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail; listening skills; ability to follow instructions.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain close, productive relationships with Customers.
- Demonstrated success in achieving team objectives.
- Positive demeanor; can-do attitude; good communication and people skills.
If you have a disability and cannot apply online, please mail your resume and cover letter to:
1875 Explorer Street, 10th Floor
ATTN: Human Resources
Reston, VA 20190
Please note: this option is for individuals with disabilities only.
StarKist Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability