Security Officer - Golden Bloom Pharms, Inc.
About the Job
Job Title: Security Officer
Reports to: Security Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Non-Exempt
Location: Rochester, New York
The Security Office is to aid in thwarting employee theft, monitor employee and non-employee activities to ensure a safe work environment. The Security Officer will be monitoring CCTV throughout the evening and night ensuring the security of Golden Bloom Pharms properties. You will be responsible for reporting any irregularities to the Security Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring CCTV and other remote security monitoring systems
- By camera, will inspect warehouse for potential safety hazards and report them back to the Security Manager
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members
All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5 10 years' experience in Loss Prevention in a Security or Military position highly preferred
- Self-motivated, ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Security Camera Programs, etc.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer Golden Bloom Pharms Supports a Drug Free Workplace