Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 5+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 3 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to suppport our Space Defense Agency contract for Operations and Integration. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Software application development in a process-oriented organization
- Maintains hardware, software, and related components of project
- Infrastructure development in a process-oriented organization
- Performs infrastructure requirements analysis, participates in research, designs, develops, and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems, or embedded products
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the development of complex architectures
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Kafka (required)
- Linux (required)
- Docker/Kubernetes (required)
- DevSecOps (preferred)
- Cloud Services (preferably AWS)
- MPLS/Networking (preferred)
- GitLab/Jenkins (preferred)
- Jira (preferred)
Target salary range: USD $113,000.00/Yr. - USD $125,400.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran