School Age Before/After Program Supervisor - McNulty Elementary
Healthy Kids is one of the North East’s largest providers of Early Learning, Before and After School and Summer Camp Programs with over 100 locations. We are reinventing accessible and affordable child care for today’s families and creating opportunities for caregivers to do what they love (and feel valued while they’re doing it). Join our community to provide the quality program children deserve while pursuing your own professional growth and development.
We are currently hiring for Site Supervisors for our Before and/or After School Program in McNulty Elementary - Amsterdam, NY.
PAY: $14.00- $15.00
SCHEDULE: Before and After 6:30AM - 9:00AM and 2:45PM - 6:30PM
August 2022 training begins, Program runs September-June
JOB STATUS: Non‐exempt; part time
JOB CONSISTS OF:
- Direct hands-on activities following the Healthy Kids Curriculum which include fitness, STEAM, academic, art and other group activities as well as homework completion.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and fun environment and act as a positive role model for children in the program.
- Assist Site Director on certain management functions such as accurate attendance records, registration and staffing and act as the designated person in charge when the Site Director is not on site.
- Regularly meet with the Director to make decisions, solve problems and strategize on immediate issues.
- Provide continual communication with parents and family members via the Brightwheel App.
- Observe OCFS guidelines, Healthy Kids Extended Day Program policies and host school policies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or its equivalent; and two years direct experience working with children under 13 years of age.
- A School-age Child Care Credential or other Office recognized credential specific to the school-age developmental period; and one year experience working with children less than 13 years of age;
- Associate’s degree in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field.
- Must pass a full background check, including fingerprinting, references, SEL & SCR through NYS Office of Children and Family Services.
- Must be medically fit to perform all job duties, free of communicable disease including TB and provide documentation from a licensed physician within the past year.
- Warm, friendly, caring, upbeat personality. Exceptional people skills in dealing with young children, parents and staff. Professional, reliable and prompt.
- Must have the stamina and physical flexibility (walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, pulling, running, reaching, climbing, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.) without assistance to participate in children’s activities.
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid Time Off
- Career Development and FREE School Age Childcare Credential through our Apprenticeship Program*
In addition, we offer competitive benefits for the majority of our employees including:
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Plans
Join us for our Virtual Open Interview Month all August long! Schedule an interview today with the hiring manager by visiting www.healthykidsprograms.com/interview
Healthy Kid’s is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Healthy Kids Programs makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, visit: healthykidsprograms.com
*The Healthy Kids Apprenticeship Program is designed for anyone looking to pursue a career in School Age Childcare and provides a direct path to a Site Director position with on the job training and a scholarship to cover the cost of your School Age Childcare Credential (SACC).