Our Store Sales Associates are responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience to all Boot Barn customers. They embody the Boot Barn mission, vision and values in all they do by developing selling and service skills, product knowledge, merchandising and visual presentation skills and point-of-sale proficiency. Our Sales Associates primary objective is to delight our customers every day and achieve their personal sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- By your actions foster a service and selling culture, exceed customer expectations and build consumer relationships that will be enduring.
- Ensure customers receive the highest level of service through creating an engaging customer centric selling and service environment, accurate product knowledge, maintain SSC merchandising standards, and all other components of customer service.
- Become an expert in our product categories and the features and benefits of individual products.
- Maintain and achieve measureable goals including: sales per hour (SPH), units per transaction (UPT), average dollar per transaction (ADT), customer capture rates and email capture rates.
- Be informed and understand current merchandise promotions, and current advertisements.
- Actively seek new ways to improve metrics by partnering with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, set up sales, and store housekeeping
Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, OSR, and loss prevention and comply with the Company’s Time and Attendance policy and procedures.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, employees, corporate partners and vendors.
- Demonstrate high level of quality of work, attendance and appearance.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures and Safety Regulations.
- Adhere to local, state and federal employment laws
Work varied hours/days to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended.
- Any additional duties assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrates good communication skills
- Good timemanagement and organizational skills
- Customer Centric / Sales Driven – Assesses customer experience within the store and promotes a culture of customer engagement. Is attentive to customers and understands their needs, offers products that are aligned with the Consumers expectations. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service.
- Ensure Effective Communication - Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and ideas. Communicates information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Establish Trust - Follows through on commitments. Is honest and direct in dealing with people. Promotes a culture of respect for, commitment to, and compliance with Company values, beliefs, and standards. Ensures the protection of confidential information.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job
- Standing or walking for 75% of scheduled shifts.
Bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting occasionally throughout scheduled shifts.
- Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to use a ladder and/or step stool occasionally.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees, SSC partners, customers and vendors.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms .
Boot Barn, Inc. reserves the right to make exceptions to, modify or eliminate this document or its content. This document supersedes all previous policies, procedures or guidelines pertaining to this subject.